Most upvoted comment
Hello Laqueristas of Reddit. I come in peace as a man looking for a unique gift for my polish-obsessed wife.(r/RedditLaqueristas)
Since you’re not entirely sure how she’ll feel about nail art gifts yet, here’s a list of essentials I’d highly recommend to make her nail life more relaxing.
- Seche Vite Quick-Dry topcoat (or the refill kit) (Available at Target as well)
- A nice basecoat (I personally use and enjoy Sally Hansen Diamond Strength, as it provides benefits to the health of my nails in addition to keeping my nails protected from staining (which occurs if you don’t use a basecoat) (Available at Target and other drug stores)
- Nail polish remover tub from Target (I highly recommend this one specifically from Target as it has plastic bristles to quickly remove nail polish, while others have sponges, which don’t work as well and tend to disintegrate quickly.)
- A small angled makeup or paint brush (like this) which she can use to make her cuticle area very clean and precise (Here is a tutorial discussing how that cleanup works.) (Available at craft stores or makeup stores)
- A bottle of 100% acetone to clean up with (Available at all drug stores)
- Some cuticle balm or cream to soften her cuticles and make them healthier (I recommend Burts Bees cuticle cream) (Available just about everywhere)
- Some nice hand and nail lotion to complement the cuticle cream (Vaseline makes one for healthy hand and nails I like, available at Target and other drug stores)
Then, here is a list of my personal favorites of each color of the rainbow. This of course may not be her favorites, but I love them. I’ve provided links to manicures from my blog I used each color in so you can see what they look like on the nail. The brand for each color is in parentheses beside each.
- White: My Boyfriend Scales Walls (OPI) and Marshmallow (essie)
- Black: Black Onyx (OPI)
- Pink: Parfait Day (Lime Crime [Available online only]) and Shelby (Zoya)
- Red: Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It (OPI)
- Orange: Arizona (Zoya) and Peaches <3 Cream (Lime Crime)
- Yellow: Almost Famous (Color Club), Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (China Glaze) and The “It” Color (OPI)
- Green: Posh (Revlon)
- Blue: Mesmerized (Essie)
- Purple: Mrs. Robinson (Color Club)
I hope some of this is helpful! I think putting all of these together in a beautiful little basket and wrapping that up would make an awesome gift for any gal!