Most upvoted comment
What is something that your body does that worries you (but not enough to ask a doctor about it)?(r/AskReddit)
I was the same. Got up to 2x/week until I talked to a friend who is a RD and suggested I try smoothies for breakfast. I never thought these would work, EVER, since my 2x/week huge shits weren’t remedied by fiber or even prescription aids (like Lactulose). Since starting greens & fruit smoothies with liquid probiotics and chia seeds 3 weeks ago I go once a day. I feel like a super hero. If you’re interested in my recipe I’ll be happy to share it with you, including the kind of probiotic I’m using.
Edit: So I don’t have to keep posting it 🙂
The smoothie that helps /u/lutheranian poop!
- 1 big handful spinach or power greens
- 1 medium sized apple, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- 1 tbsp liquid probiotics (i like Nature’s Life).
- 3 strawberries
- half cup frozen fruit (I use dark sweet cherries)
- 0.75 – 1.5 cup liquid (i use water or coconut water but almond milk will work, too. measurement depends on how much fruit you add and how runny you want it)
- 1 tbsp peeled and diced ginger (optional, i just like the taste)
I usually put stuff in this order into the blender. Blend until smooth and drink. The flax oil helps absorb the nutrients and can help move things along. I find the flax oil and probiotics in the refrigerated supplement section of my grocery store.
You can’t even taste the greens. This is helpful for me since I don’t like the taste of kale and other bitter greens but want to reap their benefits
NOTE: the ingredients (like chia seeds, flax oil, and the probiotics) can be expensive on the initial cost but the latter 2 last a month and the chia seeds can last a year or more)