Most upvoted comment
[Discussion] How do I keep my PC safe at college?(r/buildapc)
Pretty much as /u/blockhead123 says, your shit isn’t safe until you have your own space. But there are some things you can do about it.
- Lock the door! Yes, this is obvious, but something simple goes a long way. Get on your roomate’s ass for locking it if he’s the last one out. He’s probably got stuff he doesn’t want stolen either.
- You can get something similar to a Kensington lock and chain it up to something that’s not going anywhere (like your desk or bedframe).
- Keep it out of sight. Put it on the far side of the desk on the floor so you can’t see it from the door, if it’s on your desk put some books or something on the side so it’s not obvious it’s there.
- Make friends. The neighbor mentality helps everyone keep track of what’s going on in the wing.
- If you’re leaving for a stretch (holiday break) either take it home or put the tower in your closet or under the bed or somewhere that’s not obvious.