Most upvoted comment
[GameFly] Huge PC Game Download Sale (Additional coupon in the comments)(r/GameDeals)
I went around Amazon and the Steam Users forums looking for games that use Steamworks and will activate on Steam. All of the following games should activate on Steam:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V -$7.49
- Just Cause 2 – $4.99
- Portal 2 – $6.79
- Left 4 Dead 2 – $6.79
- Dead Island – $11.99
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – $7.49
- TES V: Skyrim – $40.19
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – $8.99
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – $9.99
- The Darkness II – $12.49
- Warhammer 40k: Space Marine – $10.19
- LOTR: War in the North – $9.99
- Homefront – $9.99
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – $40.19
- Mafia II – $7.49
- Sniper Elite V2 – $44.99
- Alan Wake – $14.99
- Game of Thrones: Genesis – $9.99
- Brink – $9.99
- Fallout: New Vegas – $24.99 (edit: this is not a great deal, FNV has been $5 on Steam)
- Wargame: European Escalation – $26.79
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel – $12.49
- RAGE – $29.99
- Prototype 2 – $49.99
- Empire: Total War and Napolean: Total War – $10.19
- Bioshock 2 (unconfirmed but it had worked with an Amazon key in the past, buy it at your own risk; it will probably be cheaper on Steam next week – Uses GFWL)
If anyone knows any games that shouldn’t be on there or any games missing from that list let me know and I’ll do my best to edit it.
Unless Gamefly has changed it’s methodologies in the last month they keep your credit card info on file regardless of what you purchase. I couldn’t remove the credit card from my account despite the fact that I didn’t sign up for their service.
Gamefly also automatically signs you up for a bunch of newsletters that you have to manually disable. Here a screenshot. Disable them via My Account > Gamefly E-Mail Subscriptions.
Lastly, it can be kind of a pain to find the CD key for the game you’ve purchased (to punch into Steam). To view your CD Key go to My Account > Purchase History (under Account Activity) > [Order Number]. Your CD key is listed in the Order Details section.